Scholarship program is a flagship project of Karwan – e – Ilm Foundation (KIF) with the basic aim of providing financial assistance to needy but brilliant students who are able to successfully meet the eligibility criteria of this program. The salient feature of this program is that KIF not only providing scholarship but also acts as guardians of these students. KIF provides all best possible services to enhancing their educational capabilities and main goal of these efforts is to save and promote their talent. Following are the details of this program:
How to apply
- KIF has signed MOUs with around 100 educational institutes across the country for providing scholarships to needy but brilliant students who are studying in these institutes on merit basis.
- All of the partner institutes announce scholarships through their concerned offices/departments.
- Every institute has its own procedures to verify and shortlist applications who meet the scholarship criteria of KIF.
- Applicants are advised to contact concerned department of their educational institutes.
- However, the office of KIF is always open to assist applicants interested for scholarship.
List of prominent partner institutes is as follows:
- King Edward Medical University Lahore
- Allama Iqbal Medical College Lahore
- University of Punjab Lahore
- Govt College University Lahore
- Ameer ud din Medical College Lahore
- Services Institute of Medical Sciences, Lahore
- De Mont Morency College of Dentistery Punjab Dental College Lahore
- University of Education, Lahore
- Sheikha Fatima Institute of nursing& health sciences Sheikh zayed medical complex Lahore
- University Of Veterinary & Animal Sciences Lahore
- Lahore College Women University Lahore
- Khawaja Muhammad Safdar Medical College, Sialkot
- Quaid-e- Azam Medical College Bahawalpur
- Islamia University Bahawalpur
- Gujranwala Medical College, Gujranwala
- Rachna College of Engineering & Technology Gujranwala
- Sargodha Medical College, Sargodha
- Sargodha University, Sargodha
- Faisalabad Medical University Faisalabad
- University of Agriculture, Faisalabad
- Govt. College University Faisalabad
- Govt. College Women University Faisalabad
- Nishtar Medical University Multan
- MNS-University of Agriculture, Multan
- Bahauddin Zakariya University, Multan
- Ghazi Khan Medical College Dera Ghazi Khan
- Ghazi University Dera Ghazi Khan
- Sheikh Zayad Medical College, Rahim Yar Khan
- KFUEIT, Rakim Yar Khan
- Sahiwal Medical College, Sahiwal
- University of Gujrat, Gujrat
- University of Okara, Okara
- University Of Engineering & Technology Lahore
- University Of Engineering & Technology Taxila
- Rawalpindi Medical University Rawalpindi
- Pir Mehar Arid Agriculture University, Rawalpindi
- International University Islamabad
- Comsats University Islamabad
- Quaid-e- Azam University Islamabad
- FUUAST, Islamabad
- Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali bhutto Medical University, Rawalpindi
- University Of Poonch, Rawalakot
- Poonch Medical College, Rawalakot
- University Of Azad Jammu & Kashmir
- Women University of Bagh, Azad Jammu & Kashmir
- Azad Jammu & Kashmir Medical College Muzaffarabad
- Ayub Medical College Abbottabad
- Khyber Medical University Peshawar
- Khyber Medical College Peshawar
- University Of Peshawar
- University of Engineering & Technology, Peshawar
- Khyber Girls Medical College, Peshawar
- Institute Of Peramedical Sciences, Peshwar
- Institute of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Peshawar
- Bannu Medical College Bannu
- University of Engineering & Technology, Bannu
- Bacha Khan Medical College Mardan
- Noshehra Medical College Noshehra
- Abdul Wali Khan University Mardan
- Gomal University Dera Ismail Khan
- Gomal Medical College Dera Ismail Khan
- Kohat University Of Science & Technology Kohat
- Institute of Medical Sciences, Kohat
- Shaheed Benazir Bhutto University Sheringal
- Hazara University Mansehra
- Gajju Khan Medical College, Sawabi
- Saidu Medical College Sawat
- Govt. Post Graduate College, Haripur
- Bolan Medical College Quetta
- Balochistan University of Information Technology Engineering & Management Sciences Quetta
- Balochistan University Of Engineering & Technology Khuzdar
- University Of Balochistan
- Karakaram International University Gilgit o Baltistan
- Karakaram Internatiomal University Hunza Campus
- University of Baltistan Sakrdu
- Chandka Medical College Larkana (SBBMU Larkana)
- Pir Abdul Qadir Jilani Institute of Medical Sciences Kher pur Meras
- University Of Sindh Jamshoro
- Peoples University Of Medical & health Sciences Nawab Shah
- Quaid e Awam University of Engineering & Technology Nawabshah
- Dawood University of Engineering & Technology Karachi
- University Of Karachi
- Mehran University of Engineering & Technology Nawabshah
- Gambat Medical College, Khairpur Sindh
- Liaquat University Of Medical & Health Sciences Jamshoro
All needy but brilliant students who are resource less and meet following criteria:
- A minimum of 75% marks in Matric or Intermediate
- Having merit based admissions in public sector educational institutes
- Students who are studying in semi-government or private institutes due to some specialized subjects or extra ordinary circumstances. But for these students, 85% of marks in all previous examinations are mandatory and the scholarship amount will be equivalent to public sector institutes.
Category of Scholarships
The categories for awarding scholarships are divided into following categories
- Special students
- Orphan students
- General Students
Time duration of applications
- Every year, starting from 1st of September to 31st of October, the applications for scholarships will be opened.
- However, based on availability of funds, the organization can open up the applicants at any time.
Procedure for applications
- The students who meet the eligibility criteria are required to send an application to KIF on a simple paper written in Urdu language by recommendations of their educational institutes.
- The financial circumstances, educational qualifications and previous results, current educational status, previous scholarship details (if any) and the current requirement for scholarship will be narrated by the applicant in his/her hand written application.
- The applicant will be required to fill in his/her personal details, educational profile, parent / guardian income details.
- The application form shall be verified by the educational institute and all information stated in it shall be true.
- Applicant will attach following credentials with the application form:
- Income certificate
- 2 passport size pictures
- Copy of previous educational transcripts/ degrees
- Copy of National Identity Card / B-Form
- Copy of National Identity Card of Father or Guardian
- Copy of student card of the concerned educational institute
- An evidence stating disability or orphan (if required)
- An evidence stating financial income of father or guardian or a declaration on legal paper
- Copy of payable expenses for the educational institute
The application forms will then be segregated by the management of KIF on three categories as mentioned above, Special students, Orphan students and General students.
Verification of the documents
The scholarship department of KIF may verify all the documents provided by applicants to ensure transparency and eligibility criteria before sanctioning of the scholarships.
KIF will review each application and decide to provide best possible scholarship for different educational expense. KIF management will decide that how much coverage of scholarship needs to be given to an applicant.
The details of coverage under which scholarship can be provided are as follows:
- Monthly food expense
- Tuition Fees based on monthly / annual or semester basis
- Hostel expenses based on monthly, annual or semester basis
- Transportation costs
- Books or Study Material expenses
- Educational or helping tools
- Dress or Uniform
- Medical expenses (if needed)
Methods of providing scholarship
The scholarships are or can be provided in following manner:
Transfer to Students
Scholarship for following expenses may be transferred directly to students by using banking channels:
- Monthly Mess Charges (Hostelized students)
- Monthly Transportation costs
- Books, Study Material, Helping tools etc.
- Dress, uniform and medications (if needed)
Transfer to Educational Institutes
Scholarship for following expenses may be transferred directly to the institutes by providing them pay orders / cross cheques:
- Tuition Fees based on monthly / annual or semester basis
- Hostel fees based on monthly / annual or semester basis
Assessment of the students
KIF not only provides scholarship but owns the responsibility of assessing the educational performance of the scholarship holder. The following information shall be acquired from the educational institute of the student:
- Behavior of the student
- Attendance Percentage
- Educational results
The students who will be performing shall be encouraged, whereas, whose performance will not be satisfactory, their circumstances will be assessed and they will be provided counseling for improving their performance. If a student consistently is not performing and is getting fail, his/her all scholarships will be revoked.
Scholarship Duration and Renewal
The students who become scholarship holders once are provided scholarships until the completion of their higher education but to ensure their attendance, educational performance and general conduct, scholarships are renewed on annual basis.
The scholarship will be provided against educational expenses of the current fiscal year.